Time: One month & 10 Days; Strength: Medium.
- Supplies: 1 ounce of Damiana leaves; 1 pint of Vodka; Sun-tea jar; 2 Coffee filters; ¾ pint of water (distilled or spring water); ½ to 1 cup of honey.
- Soak 1 ounce of Damiana leaves with 1 pint of Vodka for 5 days in the jar.
- Pour off the liquid, strain, and filter through a conical paper or coffee filter.
- Soak remaining alcohol-drenched leaves with 3/4 pint of distilled or spring water in the jar, for another 5 days.
- Pour off the liquids, strain, and filter as before.
- Warm water extracts to 160 degrees F then dissolve it in a 1/2 to 1 cup of honey.
- Combine alcoholic and aqueous extractions.
- Then let it age for one month. During the aging, sediment will form as the liqueur clarifies.
- The sediment is harmless, but you may wish to siphon the clear liqueur from it.
Time: One month & 2 Days; Strength: Medium.
- Supplies: 1 ounce of Damiana leaves; 1 pint of Vodka; Sun-tea jar; Jelly strainer; ¾ pint of water (distilled or spring water); ½ to 1 cup of honey.
- Follow step 2 (Recipe 1A), except this time, place the jar under sunlight for one day to brew the first stage.
- Follow step 3 (Recipe 1A), except this time, strain through a jelly strainer (without a coffee filter).
- Follow step 4 (Recipe 1A), except this time, place the jar under sunlight for one day to brew the second stage.
- Follow steps 5 through 8 (Recipe 1A).
- Follow step 9 (Recipe 1A), except this time, use the jelly strainer to strain the honey rather than siphoning.
Time: One month & 17 Days; Strength: High.
- Supplies: 1.5 oz. Damiana leaf (dried); 375 mL Pure Grain Alcohol + 360 mL water (or 1/5 grain vodka, 90 proof or higher); 525 mL water; 1 cup of honey; 1 quart Mason jar.
- Soak Damiana leaves in Vodka or Grain Alcohol + water in a 1 quart Mason jar.
- Let stand for five to seven days away from direct sunlight.
- Filter out the Damiana leaves.
- Save both the liquid (alcohol extract) and the wet leaves.
- Return the soaked Damiana leaves to the Mason jar.
- Add 525 mL of water.
- Let stand for five to ten days away from direct sunlight.
- Filter off the leaves and put them into your compost pile.
- Save the water extract.
- Heat the water extract to 160 degrees F. and add 1 cup of honey to the hot extract.
- Stir to dissolve the honey, and then combine the honey + water extract with the alcohol extract.
- Allow the bottle to stand undisturbed in a cool dark place for one month.
- Siphon off the clear liquid, leaving the cloudy matter which can be discarded or allowed to settle again.
- The Damiana liqueur is now ready for consumption, but is best aged for several months to several years.
Time: 10 Minutes; Strength: Low.
- Supplies: 2 to 4 grams of dried Damiana leaves; 8 ounces of water; Coffee filter.
- Add 2 to 4 grams of dried leaves to about 8 ounces of boiling water, for 5 minutes.
- To remove solid particles, strain with a coffee filter.
- Then cool, and drink in the evening.
- Up to 3 cups of this tea may be consumed daily.
- For significant results, it is recommended to use it continuously over a two week period.
Time: 10 Minutes; Strength: N/A.
- Supplies: 4 parts Damiana leaf; 4 parts Scullcap herb; 1/2 part Lobelia herb; 4 parts Passionflower herb; 1 part Spearmint leaf.
- Combine all the supplies.
2/3 liter of dry white wine
1 cup Triple Sec
Juice of 10 oranges
Juice of 6 lemons
20-ounce can of pineapple chunks, drained
1 cup of sugar
2 vanilla beans, split
2 nutmegs, ground
2 oz of muira puama tincture
1-2 oz of damiana tincture
2 whole oranges studded with cloves
A handful of fresh or dried rose petals (optional)
15 whole cloves
15 cardamom pods
2 cinnamon sticks
1 vanilla pod, split
1 cup vanilla frozen yogurt
honey to taste